Redesigning the Austin College Weather Station
In the Spring of 2021, this weather station group redesigned the Austin College Weather station. This group brought in new equipment, coded with new software, replaced the telecommunications system, and even redesigned this very website.
Researchers: Burhanuddin Biviji ('22), Megan Frank ('22), Tarah Johnson ('22), Diego Sanchez ('23), Branson Vrazel ('23), Dr. David Baker, and Doug Hotalen
Student Research Projects (2002-2019)
Many students have conducted research using Austin College Weather Station data. Their contributions will be detailed here soon.
- 2019: Kyle Andle, Gary Casey, Allan Izaguirre, Chad Childress, Adonis Martin, Rosie Fasullo, Tom Yuan, Bennington Li, Isaiah Wingeier-Rayo, Malcom McLeod, Emma Page
- 2017: Trini Balkaran, Charles Rambo, Evan Wyatt, Dani Dewitt, Niki Stavrianopoulous, Brennan Ellis, Cal Schone, Matthew Gilbert, Raphael Nam, Jake Williams, Ryan Hood, Ben Lehrman, Carlye Lide, Will Winborne
- 2015: Nic Ashburn, Josh Happel, Lindsey Bechtel, Cedric Ambulo, Albert Chung, Renato Guimaraes, Anthony Johnsen, Josie Ridenour, Jonathan Mantel, Brian Schrandt, Chris Tanner
- 2013: Amy Anderson, Lindsey Bechtel, Albert Chung, Anthony Johnsen, Chris Tanner
- 2012: James Duncan, Mark Hagge, Landon Hendrix, Michael Holcomb, Matthew Wescott
- 2011: Landon Hendrix, Michael Holcomb, Matthew Wescott, Mark Hagge, Will Navey
- 2010: Lauren Dorsett, Daniel Hook, Andrew Maxwell, Sean Muder, Patrick Reese, Jordan Robison, Layne Rylander, Matthew Varvir
- 2008: Michael Cleveland, Nathan Hamilton, Jason Jorgenson, Will Rusinko, Tommy Shelton, Gary Sullivan
- 2006: Kyle Borg, Traci Brooks, Andy Dao, Judson Garwood, Diana Gonzalez, Josh Helpert, Fred Holt, Blake McKibbin, Tyler Moore, Cole Musselman, Heather Quantz, Clint Rushing, Adam Shor, Catie Talbert
- 2005: Binaya Poudyal
- 2004: Catie Talbert, Fred Holt, Tru Robertson, Carla Bailey, Jessica Litterski, Leah Petersen
- 2003: Melissa Albers, Jenna Chan, Michelle Drennan
- 2002: Chris Perez
Establishing the Austin College Weather Station
In 2001, physics students established the Austin College Weather Station (ACWX) on the Sneed Environmental Research Area. ACWX was the first automated weather station in Grayson County. In addition to standard meteorological measurements, the original ACWX implemented a Bowen Ratio system to measure the energy balance at the surface. The project consisted of two phases: Establishment (Spring 2001) and Validation (Fall 2001).
Spring 2001: Ismael Avila, Colby Dykes, Mike Entzminger, Colin Lindsey, Chris Perez, Dilini Pinnaduwage
Fall 2001: Kelly Dodson, Mark Eichenberger, Mike Entzminger, Jonathan Laib, Chris Perez.