R.M. Young 05103 Wind Monitor
The R.M. Young 05103 Wind Monitor measures both wind speed and wind direction. Propeller rotation produces an AC sine wave with frequency directly proportional to wind speed. Wind direction is measured by a potentiometer whose resistance varies with the orientation of the wind vane. This sensor is built for harsh environments.
- Wind Speed Range: 0 to 100 m/s (0 to 224 mph)
- Wind Speed Accuracy: ±0.3 m/s (±0.6 mph) or 1% of reading
- Wind Speed Starting Threshold: 1.0 m/s (2.2 mph)
- Wind Direction Mechanical Range: 0 to 360°
- Wind Direction Electrical Range: 355° (5° open)
- Wind Direction Accuracy: ±3°